Napoleonic Wars Forum

The Napoleonic Wars 1792-1815

Napoleonic Enthusiast from Boston

Section for new members to introduce themselves and get tips and advice on how to get the best out of the forum.

Napoleonic Enthusiast from Boston

Postby Krupica720 » October 23rd, 2017, 3:15 am

Greetings all,

I am new to this forum and glad I found it. It is difficult finding others interested in this time period. I have been interested in Napoleon and the Napoleonic Era ever since I attended the 200 year anniversary reenactment of the Battle of Austerlitz in Czech Republic when I was 16. Luckily I have family in Brno, CZ and was visiting at the time...I guess it was fate! Ever since then I have studied and read books on Napoleon. I recently separated from Active Duty U.S. Army and currently serve in the Army National Guard. I am also a novice collector and own a handwritten letter from Napoleon (My most prized possession). It was written on July 3, 1808 in Bayonne, France and addressed to his Finance Minister Count Mollien just prior to his invasion into Spain and eventual placement of his brother Joseph as King of Spain. I think I will create another post so I can share pictures and create some discussion about it. Looking forward to learning more and conversing with like-minded individuals.

-Nicholas
Krupica720

Re: Napoleonic Enthusiast from Boston

Postby Andrew » October 23rd, 2017, 11:34 pm

Hi Nicholas,

welcome to the Forum. I hope you will post regularly; we need new topics and new ideas to widen interest in our chosen era.

Best wishes,

Andrew
Andrew
Honorary Academic Advisor

Re: Napoleonic Enthusiast from Boston

Postby FBC-Elvas, Portugal » October 25th, 2017, 6:41 pm

A hearty welcome to the Forum, Nicholas. Enjoying your posts.

Sarah
Friends of the British Cemetery, Elvas
FBC-Elvas, Portugal
Forum Moderator

Return to New Members