Napoleonic Wars Forum

The Napoleonic Wars 1792-1815

Suggestions for the 200th anniversary of Waterloo

Please feel free to post any feedback and suggestions for making improvements to the forum here.

Suggestions for the 200th anniversary of Waterloo

Postby Mark » June 16th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Dear All

As the title of this thread suggests what should the Napoleonic Wars Forum do to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo in 2015?

We are open to any ideas no matter how big or small they may seem so please post your thoughts!

Mark
Administrator
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Re: Suggestions for the 200th anniversary of Waterloo

Postby Txapo » June 17th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Good!! I'm planing to do a similar T-shirt to the ones I've done for the battle's in the penninsular war in basque country for waterloo, but I lack contacts there,... Could we do a Joint venture?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The key point is getting sellers who order and pay them!!
Txapo
Participating Member

Postby Mark » June 20th, 2013, 9:19 pm

How about a limited edition forum badge incorporating a new forum logo/emblem with the 200th anniversary of Waterloo?

Mark
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby Josh&Historyland » June 22nd, 2013, 2:52 pm

Actually a badge might be a good idea. Are you talking about an acutal item or are you talking about a tag for the website?
Either way and It may be shooting for the stars but could it look like a medal... A Waterloo medal?
perhaps with some sort of forum ID and 200th anniversary bar?
Obviously T shirts are also a good idea, memorabilia such as hats, coasters and general gift shop stuff are great keepsakes, hence you find them in gift shops, so good luck Txapo.
Josh.
Adventures In Historyland, Keeping History Real. http://adventuresinhistoryland.wordpress.com/
Josh&Historyland
Senior Veteran Member

Postby Banker » June 23rd, 2013, 3:43 am

Whilst badges etc are a fine idea. Is their the opportunity for something more lasting such as a plaque somewhere commemorating the anniversary that was donated by the forum, had our logo etc on it.

In addition perhaps members could think about how they could do a presentation in their local community etc and report back here.

We will be rolling the 200th Anniversary in our next Barwon park event where we also cover the 100th Anniversary of the Gallipoli Landings and the 70th Anniversary of the end of WW2 to name a few

Regards Steve
Researcher of Australians at War and Collector of Victorian Campaign Medals
Banker
Forum Moderator

Postby Josh&Historyland » June 23rd, 2013, 4:34 pm

That's Something to think about. But first may I broach the question, do we even have a logo. I know that the Victorian Wars Forum does, but apart from the actual header bar I'm not sure if what we would be looking at.
Perhaps we might contact Waterloo200 and see if the forum could put anything together with them.

Josh.
Adventures In Historyland, Keeping History Real. http://adventuresinhistoryland.wordpress.com/
Josh&Historyland
Senior Veteran Member

Postby Mark » June 23rd, 2013, 5:24 pm

Banker wrote:Is their the opportunity for something more lasting such as a plaque somewhere commemorating the anniversary that was donated by the forum, had our logo etc on it.

Now I really like this idea! I think this has much merit and worth taking forward for more discussion :)

Mark
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby Mark » June 23rd, 2013, 5:26 pm

Josh&Historyland wrote:That's Something to think about. But first may I broach the question, do we even have a logo. I know that the Victorian Wars Forum does, but apart from the actual header bar I'm not sure if what we would be looking at.

We don't have a logo at present but I am hoping to produce one in the near future and replace the header at the top.

Mark
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby OXFORDMON » June 24th, 2013, 3:52 pm

[quote="Mark"]We don't have a logo at present but I am hoping to produce one in the near future and replace the header at the top.[/quote

]A poppy wreath, with our logo, to be laid at Waterloo on the day ??

Andy
"Thus the war terminated, and with it all remembrance of the veteran's services" Gen W F P Napier.
OXFORDMON
Forum Moderator

Postby Andrew » June 24th, 2013, 7:43 pm

I think a plaque is a really good idea; happy to contribute. Forum Website address to be included!
Andrew
Honorary Academic Advisor

Next

Return to Feedback & Suggestions