Napoleonic Wars Forum

The Napoleonic Wars 1792-1815

picture system....

Please feel free to post any feedback and suggestions for making improvements to the forum here.

picture system....

Postby Marbot » June 19th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Hi Mark,

Is there no other pictures system availible than this one, it demotivate to add answers with images. To reduce each picture and still it's to large let me quit taking the time to answer a mail were a image is invloved...pitty since this forum had a friendly use instead of a lot of other fora's but the picture system doesn't do good on it. Is there no system to upload a image witch it reduce automatically the seize instead of let the poster ( like me who is not so skillfull with PC's ) do several times the right seize till it fit....?
Marbot

Re: picture system....

Postby Mark » June 19th, 2011, 2:48 pm

The system for uploading images to the forum is the standard system employed by the phpBB3 software we use. The maximum picture size has been set to 700 x 700 pixels and 256kb. I will have a look at the phpBB support forum and see if there are any enhancements or modifications we can download and install which will improve the current system.

Mark
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby Marbot » June 19th, 2011, 7:38 pm

thanks for checking...:-)
Marbot

Postby Ian » June 22nd, 2011, 9:31 am

Hello Mark,
I'm afraid that I agree with Marc regarding resizing of photos. I would like to upload detailed photos but am restricted to 250 mb, 700 pixels X 700 pixels.

Ian
Ian
Participating Member

Postby Mark » June 22nd, 2011, 3:40 pm

Bear with me chaps, I might have something that will resolve this issue but I need to do a little more investigating first :)

Mark
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby FBC-Elvas, Portugal » June 24th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Marbot, if you have Windows Office, you can right click on a photo to open Windows Office Picture Manager. There you can change your photo to 700 pixels in one of the two boxes. If the other box shows a value greater than 700, put 700 there and a lesser value will appear in the first box. Your picture is then automatically adjusted for the present forum format.

Sarah
Friends of the British Cemetery, Elvas
FBC-Elvas, Portugal
Forum Moderator

Postby Mark » June 25th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Hi All

I have installed a modification that hopefully will resolve this issue. You can now post images that are larger than 700x700 pixels which will be automatically resized to fit the forum style template. However, by clicking on the image once posted it will expand to its original size. I have also doubled the maximum file size from 256kb to 512kb but this can be tweaked if members feel a little more is needed. See photo of the Brown Bess bayonet below for a demo.

I hope you guys like it.

Mark

Note: This mod is obviously not retrospective and will not alter previously posted images which would have been uploaded up to or under the old 700x700 maximum. However, if you wish to re-post images so they can be seen in their larger sizes please feel free to edit your posts or re-post in a fresh post.

bb_bayonet.jpg
bb_bayonet.jpg (386.19 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby Marbot » June 27th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Sarah,

THX for your answer, i tryed that, my pics are very small now, and it is a lot of work. I hoped at a system witch you place a pic it is autmatically reseized...this is taking to mutch time......
Marbot

Postby Mark » June 27th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Marbot wrote:Sarah,

THX for your answer, i tryed that, my pics are very small now, and it is a lot of work. I hoped at a system witch you place a pic it is autmatically reseized...this is taking to mutch time......

You can now upload photos that are larger than 700x700 and the system will automatically resize it for you. Once posted you can click on the photo and it englarges to its original size :)

Try clicking the bayonet above.

Mark
Mark
Forum Administrator

New Picture System

Postby Marbot » June 27th, 2011, 10:46 pm

test pic
Attachments
pis1.JPG
pis1.JPG (106.68 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Marbot