Napoleonic Wars Forum

The Napoleonic Wars 1792-1815

Help promoting the forum - suggestions?

Please feel free to post any feedback and suggestions for making improvements to the forum here.

Re: Help promoting the forum - suggestions?

Postby PaulC » August 22nd, 2012, 8:26 pm

I write a news section for The Waterloo Journal and will include details of the Forum in a future issue, to assist with publicity. The Waterloo Association is in the process of improving its website, so eventually we can have a link and brief details of the Forum here. We also have an embryonic Facebook group, and I think that placing frequent posts on the sites of the ever-increasing Napoleonic Facebook groups would provide constant (and free) publicity. Perhaps posting a message on these sites that the Forum has an interesting discussion going on about a particular subject might generate some interest - especially if this post is linked to what that group is discussing themselves at the time. It is a two-way process, in that this Forum can give those groups publicity.

Paul
PaulC

Postby Mark » August 22nd, 2012, 8:36 pm

Paul

That would be absolutely fantastic! I think many Napoleonic Wars enthusiasts, despite our efforts, still do not know of our existence and a short piece in the Waterloo Journal etc. would be wonderful. Thank you so much for the kind offer to help - it is greatly appreciated!

Mark :)
Mark Simner BA (Hons) MSc | Web: http://marksimner.me.uk | Twitter @marksimner
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby TheBibliophile » August 25th, 2012, 3:03 pm

I think cross promotion is the best way.... and making sure search engine returns are optimised. I get a lot of hits (3000+ in under 2 months I have been monitoring) but not many new members.... got one today though, trying for 100 by christmas, which will be difficult, but if you dont aim for the sky, you'll never reach the mountaintop.... :D
TheBibliophile
Veteran Member

Postby Mark » August 25th, 2012, 3:30 pm

TheBibliophile wrote:I think cross promotion is the best way.... and making sure search engine returns are optimised. I get a lot of hits (3000+ in under 2 months I have been monitoring) but not many new members.... got one today though, trying for 100 by christmas, which will be difficult, but if you dont aim for the sky, you'll never reach the mountaintop.... :D

I agree that cross-promotion is one of the best ways to promote forums. Your forum is quite niche so may appeal to a slightly smaller audience than others. That said there will be lots of people interested in naval history of your period - the trick is finding them.

Mark
Mark
Forum Administrator

Postby TheBibliophile » August 25th, 2012, 3:40 pm

Mark wrote:
TheBibliophile wrote:I think cross promotion is the best way.... and making sure search engine returns are optimised. I get a lot of hits (3000+ in under 2 months I have been monitoring) but not many new members.... got one today though, trying for 100 by christmas, which will be difficult, but if you dont aim for the sky, you'll never reach the mountaintop.... :D

I agree that cross-promotion is one of the best ways to promote forums. Your forum is quite niche so may appeal to a slightly smaller audience than others. That said there will be lots of people interested in naval history of your period - the trick is finding them.

Mark

Theres a massive naval history forum online with 24,000 users.... ;)
TheBibliophile
Veteran Member

Postby Mark » August 25th, 2012, 9:35 pm

TheBibliophile wrote:
Mark wrote:

Mark

Theres a massive naval history forum online with 24,000 users.... ;)

You better sweet-talk the Administrator there and get him to give you a shout-out ;)

Mark
Mark
Forum Administrator

Previous

Return to Feedback & Suggestions